The research in colorectal surgery focuses mainly on colorectal cancer, functional disorders, proctology, diverticulosis and peritoneal carcinomatosis.
The main fields of research:
- Colorectal Cancer
- We have been involved in and organized multi-institutional trials in adjuvant treatment in colorectal cancer.
- Functional Disorders
- We have a long tradition in research in both incontinence and constipation. We have specialist nurses performing rectal sensibility and biofeedaback treatment.
- Our main interest has been the treatment of patients with fistulas but also patients with haemorrhoids.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease
- We have had a long interest in the treatment on diverticulosis and diverticulitis.
- Peritoneal Carcinomatosis (PC)
- Uppsala University Hospital was the first institution in the Nordic countries to offer treatment with cytoreductive surgery (CRS) and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC).
Wilhelm Graf MD, PhD, Professor
Urban Karlbom, MD, PhD, Associate Professor
Joakim Folkesson, MD, PhD
Helgi Birgisson, MD, PhD, Associate Professor
Helene Siilin, MD, PhD
Filip Sköldberg, MD, PhD
Åsa Collin, MD, PhD student
Peter Moberger, MD, PhD student
Lana Ghanipour, MD, PhD
Konstantinos Tsimogannis, MD, PhD
Peter Cashin, MD, PhD
Malin Enblad, MD, PhD student
Professor at Department of Surgical Sciences, Gastro intestinal Surgery
- Mobile phone:
- +46 70 3498883