Research training course on communicating science 6–8 September 2021
As a PhD student, you have the opportunity to attend the research training course Science communication and outreach on 6–8 September. PhD students from Uppsala university can get 2 credits for the course and students from Medfarm and TekNat are preferentially admitted until 30 June.
During the course, you will listen to experts in different areas of science communication and outreach, hoping to inspire you to find your way of disseminating science.
Topics that will be covered:
- Wikipedia and science
- The pedagogics of science
- Oral presentation of science
- Press coverage of scientific research
- The role of the university in public literacy
- Visualisation of science in effective ways
- Use of social media for scientific outreach
- The connection between science and policy
- Integration of different learning environments
- How to present effectively and elevator-pitch techniques
The course is free of charge for all participants, but if you are registered and absent without notice, a no-show fee will incur.
Read more at the staff portal: https://mp.uu.se/web/nyheter/-/doktorandkurs-om-att-kommunicera-vetenskap-6-8-september-2021